Thread: Berenil Dosing Question

Berenil Dosing Question

In the Babesia article it states to give 1.6-2.3mg/lb. My question is how do i convert this to ml or cc's?

wut? This applies to all medicine. You check what dose is the medicine per ml. It clearly states 0,07 gram per ml. which is 70 mg per ml.

So for example if you want to apply a dose of 2 mg/lb for a 35 lb dog its 2x 35 =70mg = 1ml

If you google you can find dosis as well:

I apply what on this site. http://www.msd-animal-health.co.za/p...t_details.aspx
    Which is 0,1 ml per 2 kg.
    That I used for prevention. I never had to use it to treat a dog. Thinks that's when the higher doses jack describes apply, depending how severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nut View Post
    wut? This applies to all medicine. You check what dose is the medicine per ml. It clearly states 0,07 gram per ml. which is 70 mg per ml.

So for example if you want to apply a dose of 2 mg/lb for a 35 lb dog its 2x 35 =70mg = 1ml

If you google you can find dosis as well:

I apply what on this site. http://www.msd-animal-health.co.za/p...t_details.aspx
    Which is 0,1 ml per 2 kg.
    That I used for prevention. I never had to use it to treat a dog. Thinks that's when the higher doses jack describes apply, depending how severe.
    Thank you for that. I just needed clarification on the 1.6-2.6mg/lb conversion that i saw posted on this site. I knew the amount to administer based on the instruction that came with the bottle which was the 0.1ml/2kg measurement. didnt know

I been doing the math a bit different. Its also been PCR tested and given twice 7 days apart with a 10day cycle of doxy. I always thought I was doing it right by flipping the formula and using the common quality to solve. That meant since the formula on the box is 0.1/2kg(4.4lbs). I took the dogs body weight 35lbs ÷ 2kg(4.4lbs) × 0.1=

Actual equation worked is:

(35 ÷ 4.4)=7.954 × 0.1=0.7954

Dosage: 0.7954ml

Subscribed Member
    So if im reading this right a 44lbs dog would get 1 ml?
    THE WAY OF THE GUN