Thread: Rock Salt for Fleas?

Rock Salt for Fleas?

When using the rock salt for ground treatment of fleas, I would assume the ground needs to be wet or damp and I would assume also that after spreading the rock salt, you would water it down or dissolve it so that it goes down in the ground.

Is this correct?

I am going to add this to my chlorapyrfis treatment so I wanted to know how to maximize the use of this salt.

that's exactly what I did waited until the day after a rain , then spread the salt , and watered down the spot until the salt had dissolved. It worked great and did the job.

Quote Originally Posted by SFOD View Post
    that's exactly what I did waited until the day after a rain , then spread the salt , and watered down the spot until the salt had dissolved. It worked great and did the job.

I started using salt around 1999-2000. I have always used regular ole fine grain cattle salt from a feed store. I broadcast it dry and let the chain work it in. This is just another way to get it done with good results.

Thank guys, I appreciate the input and will put it to work. Great rain this morning, first in about 2 months, so it's perfect timing.

Thank you!

Use the powder lime. Spread it in chain spots. Then wet it with the hose. Haven't had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by loot View Post
    Use the powder lime. Spread it in chain spots. Then wet it with the hose. Haven't had any problems.
    That is also effective.

I spread this beneath my above-ground pens, to lessen the stink, as well as to "sterilize" the earth.

ive been using food grade diatomaceous earth for years now, dust dogs bedding in it and chickens coups as well, haven't had a flea/mite in a long time