Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( MY THOUGHTS ON FEEDING RAW )))

((( MY THOUGHTS ON FEEDING RAW )))

Here are video clips comprising my complete DVD tutorial on the subject:

Feeding Raw (3 hrs)

The complete series will be updated to conclusion as time permits ... as it takes me about 3-4 hours to upload each clip from my remote "deep in the woods" location.

All opinions, comments, challenges welcome ...

Jack

Re: ((( MY THOUGHTS ON FEEDING RAW )))

@Jack, I've heard varying views on exactly when to feed, ie: morning, afternoon, evening. My question is when is the best time to feed and why, if there is a reason for such a practice. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dre21
    @Jack, I've heard varying views on exactly when to feed, ie: morning, afternoon, evening. My question is when is the best time to feed and why, if there is a reason for such a practice. Thanks!!
    im not jack but my view is you feed late afternoon still in the day time. Because dogs are (Diurnal) meaning they are primarily active during the day. Some people say feed at night helps keep them warm. But with all the proper dog house and beeding you shouldn't hafe to worry if you're hounds are warm you should know! That's just my thoughts please someone correct me if im wrong.

Thanks for sharing the videos Jack. After feeding my dog kibble for his first nine months of life and switching to RAW, I'm a beleiver. Yup, his crap is smaller and firm. Doesn't stink up my yard and it's easy to clean up. We can now open our windows around the house without having to smell dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by scary
    Quote Originally Posted by Dre21
    im not jack but my view is you feed late afternoon still in the day time. Because dogs are (Diurnal) meaning they are primarily active during the day. Some people say feed at night helps keep them warm. But with all the proper dog house and beeding you shouldn't hafe to worry if you're hounds are warm you should know! That's just my thoughts please someone correct me if im wrong.

I agree with Scary that dogs are diurnal and active during the day, but rather than late afternoon, I personally feed in the morning.

Jack

(PS: Interestingly, it is a medical fact that dogs are also supposed to receive any corticosteroid therapy via morning doses too.)

Must Have Adobe Flash Player 11 installed in order to see Youtube Videos!

This is what I do guys, I feed up just before dark.. My reason is I believe that when their full they tend to relax & sleep . So their not bark'n all night ! Now unless I'm work'n a dog for a show, I feed him 1 hr. After were done work'n & he gets his rub down .. The reason for this is when ur work'n a dog his body is extremely stressed his muscles are tight ,he's hot, so I rub him down give him time to cool down, then he's more relaxed ! U don't wanta feed a dog when his body is stressed! Just the way I do things !

FOURTH WARD KENNELS
    "4WK"

R2L

didnt watch the videos nor read anything yet, sure will. but i don't need to be convinced. feeding raw is the sh*t
    been feeding every dog raw since they were 7 weeks old and they been doing great, plus nice hard stool all the time

@ fourth ward, im doing the same thing, i feed at 9 AM so they will have something on their stumic during the day and again round 8 PM, no problems what so ever, they'll be sleeping before 9 pm and dont make a sound.

I myself have fed kibble and raw. I have used some good kibbles and seen them live and perform fine on it. Still, when I found a deal on raw I notice the difference in my pups and older male who was starting to get gimpy is noticeably more energetic and hasn't been stiff lately. Family come over that had noticed his age catching him months back and are like man what did you do. He looks 2 again like his old self. I honestly use oils, coral calcium, parsley twice a week, and a boil egg. My raw has organs in it and I am very happy. I feed every 12 hrs. Right now I'm feeding chicken backs. I have also used beef tripe, chicken leg quarters, ground chicken and beef. Every once in awhile I get a cow head. I also buy beef leg meat bones. My pups mom looked great on kibble but my pups genetics show just as much at 7mths. Carbs are in brains, spleen, and other parts so adding then is no necessary. Here are a few pics. No work

This is there mom grown on kibble no work and looking good

These are her pups at 7mths. I have walked them maybe twice cause of strays and city life and they are hot pups. I set in the yard with them and bring them in the house at night for play and QT is all. I am a believer in raw now and see the difference. If you are worried bout cost get on google and search. Here Walmart sells 10lbs bags of quarters for $6.48. That's $26 for 40lbs. It's bout the same most pay for kibbles and better. You can find 40 to 50lbs for under $20 if you look though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojacc357
    I myself have fed kibble and raw. I have used some good kibbles and seen them live and perform fine on it. Still, when I found a deal on raw I notice the difference in my pups and older male who was starting to get gimpy is noticeably more energetic and hasn't been stiff lately. Family come over that had noticed his age catching him months back and are like man what did you do. He looks 2 again like his old self. I honestly use oils, coral calcium, parsley twice a week, and a boil egg. My raw has organs in it and I am very happy. I feed every 12 hrs. Right now I'm feeding chicken backs. I have also used beef tripe, chicken leg quarters, ground chicken and beef. Every once in awhile I get a cow head. I also buy beef leg meat bones. My pups mom looked great on kibble but my pups genetics show just as much at 7mths. Carbs are in brains, spleen, and other parts so adding then is no necessary. Here are a few pics. No work

This is there mom grown on kibble no work and looking good

These are her pups at 7mths. I have walked them maybe twice cause of strays and city life and they are hot pups. I set in the yard with them and bring them in the house at night for play and QT is all. I am a believer in raw now and see the difference. If you are worried bout cost get on google and search.
    Here Walmart sells 10lbs bags of quarters for $6.48.
    That's $26 for 40lbs. It's bout the same most pay for kibbles and better. You can find 40 to 50lbs for under $20 if you look though.

If you go to Wal-Mart towards the end of the month, those same $6.48 leg quarters are marn]ked down to $4.50!!!