Thread: Female dog swells but doesnt bleed

Female dog swells but doesnt bleed

I have a bitch that has come in heat twice I'm assuming and she doesn't bleed, she swells but there is no bleeding. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it? Hey Jack have you had this problem? If so how did you solve it?

This is what is known as a "silent heat."

A silent heat is one where a bitch is reproductively fertile, however during her heat cycles she gives no indication (or little indication) that she's heat.

My Tuffy bitch was like this. I overcame it by keeping her in an above-ground pen. What little blood Tuffy discharged was almost impossible to see because she was very fastidious about keeping herself clean.

The very little bit of blood she would discharge in her heat cycle, that would drip out, was easily-seen on the wood of the pen, whereas on the ground (in the dirt) you couldn't see anything.

An experienced breeder can also tell by the way of bitch acts whether she is "ready" or not. However, the best way to tell is to get an Ovulation Test Kit.

Hope this helps,

Jack

This video shows the test kit.

Great advice Jack! I also have a bitch who cleans herself meticulously, you definitely must be on your toes!

S_B

Appreciate the response, I was thinking on persuading an ovulation detector I heard they work pretty good and they are pretty accurate but they are a lil pricey but worththe money. I think I'm gonna get the test kit right away.

Gripplock Rick