Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeding Format - Diet

Feeding Format - Diet

Here's what I've been doing lately and the dogs are looking real good and I'll probably stay with it for a good long while. I've been feeding RAW for about 5 months and tweeking it as I go and I like what I'm doing now. SO, I thought I'd share in case some are looking for a solid feed program.

I feed 12 dogs right now. I feed "guts" and chicken
    GUTS= 4lbs of gizzards, 2 containers of chicken liver, 12 eggs, 2 large yogurts, oil (pour it in by feel) I put all of this in a bucket and mix very well.

Mon/Wed/Fri
    AM - 12oz guts
    PM - 1/2 a Chicken Quarter

T/Th
    AM - 1/2 Chicken Quarter
    PM - 1/2 Chicken Quarter

Saturday
    AM - Nothing
    PM - full Chicken Quarter

Sunday - FAST

Chicken quarters at Walmart are 5.90 for ten pounds. I feed 70lbs a week plus my "guts". It's a weekly bill of 68$ a week. That's 5.66 a dog per week OR, 94 cents a serving which averages out to be about a pound per dog.

Thought I'd share!

I love it ... the breakdown, everything ... thank you for sharing & glad you're obsessed with feeding raw & breaking things down too

Cheers,

Jack

R2L
    Looks good, although i like to feed once a day.
    I spend 10 euro a dog on a complete raw food so you're doing a good job on the price too

Thank you for the "atta boys". Good to have affirmation in the right direction. I know it's hard to dial things in at times, so I wanted to share in case anyone else was looking to feed in a similar fashion.

Thank you,

FERG
    NQK

NQK, how would you adjust said feeding for the winter months?

Well Frosty, I'm not sure I'll need much adjustment since I'm in the central Texas area. We don't have severe winters in Texas and even less severe in the central areas. If I had to adjust for a real cold climate, I'm sure I would raise the calories, meaing feed more overall and I'd add more fat and oil. That's just off the top of my head though. I would also NOT fast on Sunday. With all that being said, I'll check here on this board as well to get some input from those in colder climates.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPaws View Post
    NQK, how would you adjust said feeding for the winter months?

In my parts it can be as cold as -40C when it's extreme, however -10 to -20 are what we usually have from December to Marsh. I add fat, carbs and water during the winter months. Remember it´s as important to have the dogs well hydrated in -40 as it is in +40. Oh and a proper built dog house with fresh bedding are crucial.

I will post some pictures and go into details when winter comes..

I WAS DOING SOME PRICING I GET CHICKEN LEGS 40LB BOXES FOR $40 IS THAT WORTH IT CAUSE I FEED BOUT 12-16 DOGS GOT A LITTER AND I REALLY WANT TO START THAT LITTER WHEN IT COME OF AGE ON RAW DIET

The amount you want to spend is up to you but its $5.90 for ten pounds at Wal-Mart. Saves a lot over your price especially with that number of dogs in a year.

I don't have a Walmart in my area im in the islands so for me to go raw its extremely expensive