Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: >>> PEDIGREES (DUPLICATES, NAME CHANGES etc.) THAT NEED DELETING OR FIXING <<<

Exclamation >>> PEDIGREES (DUPLICATES, NAME CHANGES etc.) THAT NEED DELETING OR FIXING <<<

I went through the database this morning and put all the offspring in this database off; SOUTHERN KENNELS' MAYDAY
    Please take note of the apostrophe placement!! I will be working at eliminating all the double entries of Mayday's offspring tonight and tomorrow.

I also renamed ALL the dogs in the database holding the Carl Crews name to; CREWS' _______
    Again, please take note of the apostrophe placement!!

Thanks,
    ToTheDogs

That is wonderful!

Thank you for your time and effort, sincerely

There's 3 Southern Kennels' Bam Bam.

That's Southern Kennels' Bam Bam ...

So many of you do not know how to use apostrophes ...

Also, instead of reporting it, how about participating and fixing it

Here are the instructions

R2L
    lol...

how much did i post last time, they r still there. should i have replaced them all?

Quote Originally Posted by R2L View Post
    lol...
    how much did i post last time, they r still there. should i have replaced them all?
    It would be better than sitting around complaining about it

To answer your question, no, you are not responsible for cleaning up other people's messes. With the new feature we have created, where everyone can see what they've done and correct their own mistakes, we are going to start mandating that people correct their own mistakes. Hell, I even found 2-3 mistakes I have made and will be correcting them today. But I alone do not have the time to fix everybody's mistakes.

So when people like ToTheDogs take the time to do something like this, to clean up other people's mistakes for the betterment of all, it sure makes them more valuable to this community than people who sit around, laugh, or complain, but do nothing,

Jack

I fixed the apostrophe. An honest mistake as I know how to spell. Also, I wasn't complaining, just pointing it out so the person who made the pedigrees can fix them. I will not be bringing these things to attention anymore.

R2L
    i thought i was helping posting all the links, lol

sorry im not going to spend xx minutes minutes per dog, replacing duplicate peds others created, while it takes 1 sec to press delete.

I will not be bringing these things to attention anymore.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by RHC View Post
    I fixed the apostrophe. An honest mistake as I know how to spell. Also, I wasn't complaining, just pointing it out so the person who made the pedigrees can fix them. I will not be bringing these things to attention anymore.
    Thank you, and yes it was an honest mistake. Never said otherwise.

I appreciate you bringing them to my attention, but I appreciate even more those who take the initiative to fix them themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by R2L View Post
    i thought i was helping posting all the links, lol
    sorry im not going to spend xx minutes minutes per dog, replacing duplicate peds others created, while it takes 1 sec to press delete.
    x2
    Pointing out problems, depending on the spirit in which it's done, can be a form of help, true.

The trouble with that "1 second" to press delete is that all of the offspring of said dog will then be fatherless (motherless). It's better to re-hook the offspring first.

However, thinking about it, maybe you do have a point. Maybe it would be better to outright delete the duplicate dogs first, and actually leave the offspring fatherless/motherless, because that way more people will be inclined to "go fix" the offspring, and re-hook them to the right dog, if they see their pedigrees with blank spots.

Hmmm ... I will talk to my brother about it and may have to concede this point ...

Jack

R2L
    Sure, the longer they stay in the database the longer people might choose from different pedigrees of the same dog. If you find 3 of the same names you can't see which is the original. Or by adding the ID's in the search list when you're adding a dog you can see which was created first.