Thread: Skin Irritation....Need suggestions

Skin Irritation....Need suggestions

I'm in the south and after the rainstorms last month. I noticed these lesions pop up all over my dog. I've talked to several fanciers across 3 states that have the same issue...To me thats a weird coincidence...Just wondering if anyone else has seen this....Again I stress its not just me....multiple people I've talked with have this issue.none have an answer...Hoping you good folks can help....

Outside of this the dogs act completely normal...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151104_153245~2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	1146  

Maybe some type of fungus? Look up on line about Apple Cider Vinegar and fungus as I am pretty sure that would help, by rinsing the dog with ACV and water mixture daily that might kill off the fungus. Or maybe Tea Tree Oil? That is also a fungicide but it is stronger and might not be good for them if they lick it.

Sounds like it is something caused by all the rain and water from the storms, and fungus is the first thing that comes to mind. There are also medicated shampoos for fungus too.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Thx.....will try....may just go to the vet and get scrapings done...may need to know exactly what it is....

Lots of strange irritants going around many folks yard this year. Good luck, let us know what works!

S_B

I'm in Texas and i m having the same problem all my dog's went from healthy looking to bad quick.It is ringworm's and it is a fungus that can be caught by human's too.There are a few product's that clear it up and Apple cider vinegar is one athlete's foot cream,sulphur based product's work bleach and water ,dandruff Shampoo's .I also suggest cleaning the dog's house and thing's he uses with bleach and water.Last but not least if you don't have the pitbull bible go get it it's one bad azz read.

that looks like hives me and my house dog get them every spring i give her benadryl 1mg per pound tell gone but you might won't narrow down what you dog is allergic to

The dog in the picture does not have ringworms. I'm in East Texas. Got some friends in La. They had that happen before. It was just like that and it was right after a hurricane come through, similar to your storm coming through.

It's some type of mosquito or insects that come through with the storm.....at least it was in our case. These guys did nothing and it went away. Allergy remedies might do the trick

I do get some ring worm from time to time. Just use Lamisil spray. About a week and it's gone.

looked at your dog again..........no doubt - bug bites

still think hives, could be bug bites but all that is hives I'm no vet or doctor but iv seen hives more then once on me and my dogs and thats what they look like but if he pays attention there will be a bump one place then it will go away and there will be one or more in a another spot the doctors say thay move but a search of pictures dogs with hives will do.