Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game/working dog structure vs show dog conformation standard

I agree. I was talking to a guy that breeds cane corsos. I don’t know how you really breed without a performance standard. There are some confirmation champs that quit. Some dogs built like lukane that perform. Some with bad hips or shoulders that can’t drive etc. sometimes you think the winner looks a certain way. The winner looks like the winner. Ie Cormier is fat not great built. But he’d fuck up some mister Olympias. Back to the cane corso Breeder. We were talking dogs and breeding. He showed me his dogs. He had told me about how athletic his foundation female was. His foundation stud was bigger. Some like the bigger dogs. Me I liked the look of the female. She seemed balanced light on her feet and built different. It’s funny how you can go two different ways breeding. Let’s say he does foundation stud to the bitch. Back to the stud. You get bigger dogs that aren’t as athletic. Or. Maybe you go him to mom. Son back to her or find an outside stud and line breed. Whole point of that is. I’m going to show him a flirt pole. See how they move. I like bulldogs. a 50lb gamebred pit is a lot of dog. Hundred pound dogs don’t Impress me. I just think. Damn those are some big turds. I bet frank or clo would break his legs dive under and open his gut. Plus he can’t go more that a 5 min flurry.

Thing I found interesting is that I think carver or one of the old school guys would cross staff into his lines sometimes. Probably worked like a catalyst plus adding structure.

Back then, APBT and Staff is 1 and the same. The standard for the AmStaf is Colby's Primo.

This is true. They do look a bit cartoonish. People can’t understand why if a person isn’t active why you would want a dog from working bloodlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank43 View Post
    People can’t understand why if a person isn’t active why you would want a dog from working bloodlines.
    Because some can still appreciate the correct old type. Not everyone wants a blue bully mutt. There seems to be a place for those as I see them everywhere but that's not for me.

Nope, I'd rather have that 30 to 45 pound lean looking game dog type. Yet a real deal bulldog is not for everyone. They take a lot of management and work. It's not a dog that can sit around and do nothing, you have to have an outlet for that drive. Whether it is physical work, or fetching a ball, or running a mill, these dogs need hard exercise and mental stimulation.

It's a different world now than it was back in the 1970s when I was introduced to the breed and it is not a better world for the gamebred dogs. From the animal rights assholes wanting to "save" them, yet put them down "for their own good", to the fools that feel a dog living on a chain is cruel, yet having a dog live 24/7 in a crate in a garage is ok (as is done by many "rescues"), it's a pretty screwed up world for the bulldogs.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

I think it signals a change in society. That people can’t understand aggressive vs game says a lot about the human psyche. I’d call my grandad game. He went into a coal mine to feed his family. Raised crops and did odd jobs to feed them too. Never sold drugs robbed or stole. Game. In the sense that mayfield talks about in his article. Conquering yourself in that case for the good of others. A thief gets more respect than the person that gets their work done quietly. Carlos hatchcock. Game. Crawled through a field for days getting ate on by ants and pissing on himself to accomplish a mission. Never stole, or was disrespectful from what I have read. The world the humaniac liberal wants to create is a scary one to me. Like you said not everyone understands a gamedog. Most don’t need one. I feel better with them. They say they can’t make house dogs. All mine have been house dogs. These two are the best I have had.

Confirmation

This Male very nicely built young man.
    http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=66531
    Attached Images Attached Images