Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breeders.

Good luck with the pup. Hopefully she turns out to meet your expectations.

I have been in and around these dogs for a really long time and I have had only one that would bite a person and have never seen one that would actually defend a person. Every dog I have ever owned or been a part of, would load up and leave with anyone willing to pet him/her on the head.

I have heard stories of their protecting but never actually seen it. I had some man-dogs some years back (Fila Brasileiro, weak nerved, defensively driven man-dogs, as well as one SCH trained Rottweiler) and in those years learned dog that will actually engage and protect are very few and very far in between.

Granted, a display (which is what most dogs do) is 99.9% of all the protection a person needs. If you have a dog that barks at strangers and can be seen by strangers, is just about all the home security anyone would ever need.

A number of years ago a friend of mine had a yard dog in his fenced in property. He was a regular old run of the mill bulldog that hung on the fence in attempt to kill man, woman or child. Everyone that ever encountered the dog knew he would bite except for the crackhead who had a plan. His shop was broken into and a set of really expensive cylinder heads, a tunnel ram intake, a carburetor, headers, pistons, rods (the point is it took several trips to get all that out). The plan? There were six empty bologna packs at the edge of the fence. One guy hauled him off while another fed the dog bologna to off-set the 'killer' in him.

And to answer your questions, nothing in these dogs has to do with winning other than the pursuit if winning. Can a non-winning dog produce winning dogs? Absolutely. It happens everyday. Can it happen consistently over time? History says no.

EWO II

I hear you. For straight protection a malicious or Rottweiler. I don’t really like man aggressive pits. I like people directed dogs. How does it relate to winning? I like walking. I like walking in the woods. Stuff I do for fun keeps me and my dogs in shape. I like smart dogs. I don’t like dumb hot dogs. Dogs that know where a real threat is or aggression towards them. The longer I can keep dogs the greater my chance for success. If I sell a man biter best believe they want to come destroy my dogs. Probably want to do it anyway. I believe in closed gene pools. I don’t want man biter in my gene pool. I guess there are ways to win, conditions to win and traits that give a path to win. I’d rather have smart hard working dogs, with brains, certain styles. If it were pre 75 or whatever I think we could do well.

In the bulldogs I have seen all kinds. From fight crazy dogs who will relentlessly go after any thing with fur and four legs all the way to dogs that have the 'you hit me first' approach. And everywhere in between.

Out back I have one that the sun just came up so he started his daily thousand scratches between the two dogs next to him. He pops his chain all day and half the night. The male on one side looks at him like he is retarded and if the chain didn't stop him the big dog on the other end will take all of his lunch money. The dog on the other side is one of the best looking, most naturally chiseled dogs I have ever owned and bred down from the most freak athlete of a dog that I have ever seen. He is as cold as ice and has no idea why this dog charges him hundreds of times per day.

Just those three get across the gambit and there are ton more in between with varying traits.

I have never factored in my protection or property protection with my dogs. As stated, my dogs will load up and happily leave with anyone that will rub them on the head. They love all people and interaction with people, regardless of if the person is rubbing them or stealing them.

I guess I wish at times there would be some aversion to strangers so I could feel a little less weary of them being stolen. That is a double edged sword I suppose.

The origin of your dogs come from a good place. I enjoyed his contributions and conversations here some time back. He had a blue-eyed black and white Snooty dog and I always wondered how he turned out. I had some similar and it was a pretty good family of dogs.

Like several, he had some issues with the previous owner of the board and (like me) got the boot. He has a wealth of knowledge (unlike me) and I enjoyed his posts. Good people, too.

EWO II

Quote Originally Posted by EWO II View Post
    In the bulldogs I have seen all kinds. From fight crazy dogs who will relentlessly go after any thing with fur and four legs all the way to dogs that have the 'you hit me first' approach. And everywhere in between.

Out back I have one that the sun just came up so he started his daily thousand scratches between the two dogs next to him. He pops his chain all day and half the night. The male on one side looks at him like he is retarded and if the chain didn't stop him the big dog on the other end will take all of his lunch money. The dog on the other side is one of the best looking, most naturally chiseled dogs I have ever owned and bred down from the most freak athlete of a dog that I have ever seen. He is as cold as ice and has no idea why this dog charges him hundreds of times per day.

Just those three get across the gambit and there are ton more in between with varying traits.

I have never factored in my protection or property protection with my dogs. As stated, my dogs will load up and happily leave with anyone that will rub them on the head. They love all people and interaction with people, regardless of if the person is rubbing them or stealing them.

I guess I wish at times there would be some aversion to strangers so I could feel a little less weary of them being stolen. That is a double edged sword I suppose.

The origin of your dogs come from a good place. I enjoyed his contributions and conversations here some time back. He had a blue-eyed black and white Snooty dog and I always wondered how he turned out. I had some similar and it was a pretty good family of dogs.

Like several, he had some issues with the previous owner of the board and (like me) got the boot. He has a wealth of knowledge (unlike me) and I enjoyed his posts. Good people, too.

EWO II
    We talk sometimes. I’m getting a dogs from him. Trying to build a family around it. I ended up getting a dog from garner. I read that thing vise grip wrote about Indian sunny bolio dogs. One of my dogs is like a thick bolio dog Fast and athletic. Garner chinaman frisco x mostly Hollingsworth dog. Hanna is faster than your average Hollingsworth dog. Can you get to the Indian sunny concept from another direction.