Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breeders.

Breeders.

I would like to know more about the men behind the dogs. For some reason I'd like to know more about the lesser known North Carolina dogmen. Why did chavis only have one arm? How many dogs did he run? I like knowing that I think Tudor was a blacksmith. It tells me about the man.

I'd like to know more of the history. Stuff like limey picking his foundation dog up out of the pit and saving him after he was left for dead. Any old schoolers with knowledge to share.

Corvino was a blacksmith . Tudor ran chicken pits and was a bootlegger among other hustles .

I got that backwards. You think that affects his dogs?

I'm sure whatever occupation he had provided money to feed, keep, and care for his dogs.

I have this idea that what people do comes out in their dogs. Maybe he was a crooked black smith that conned people out of money.

I doubt that. He worked around hot ass ovens banging out steel products. Had to be a tough dude. Prob why his line was known for gameness. I'm just getting into breeding. I bet in the end. My dogs will be smart, athletic, game good temperament, good conformation. Solid on average. If you do your part you will be in the game.

A lot of military guys that I know are some of the hardest people I know in the dog game. Maybe it's because of the life they have to live.

Vernon Jackson was a Marine. His dogs were rough and ready. They fought hard and bit hard and they have the conditioning to go all night every night. He used young marines to run his dogs.

CYK would be the firsthand expert on Mr. Jackson and his approach.

Carl Mims came from a pulp wood background in SC and then moved to NC and remained in the wood industry. To say he was a full-grown man would be a huge understatement. I think he the greatest breeder of game dogs of all time. I don't know of another yard that has consistently produced a high percentage of game dogs for 40-50 years. He is a second-generation dog man, so he has been in and around top-notch dogs his entire life. He went off his yard only a handful to times to breed to someone else's dog. From there it was him and his dogs for over fifty years. For a really long stretch of time you could spend $300 and just about know you would be able to scratch. You may not bite like the others, and you may not be all that skillful at times, but you knew you would be there til someone else decided it was over. And those old school pulp wood guys are a lot like that. They work hard, they keep going, the over come every obstacle that is put in front of them, like nature, or the economy, or mechanical breakdown, whatever, they keep going with a durability and willingness to stay. The reward is being able to do it again tomorrow.

EWO II

I may be partial but i think that military and some athletes are good at dogs. The reason is this. A person who is good at fighting war and competition has a clearer window into things. There are quiet polite marines. In the world where the average person doesn’t know crap people think these tatted up loud mouth are the tough guys. The marine has seen the little country boy or the one from the city. He carry’s himself a certain way. When they get to the combat training there is a beast in him. He’s trust a trust worthy friend, but will flat kill an enemy.

There are a lot of different types of fighters. I was discussing this with a friend today. There are people who throw punches. There are people that set up knock out or kill shots. The second go out with serious intention. I wonder how many of these dogs got labeled cold. They may develop slower. They will have a strategy to end you.

How many times have you heard people saying mayweather should fight. In this hatten fight he saw a thing hatten did. Like Ali. He said. “ check hook”. He set it up the whole fight. Then “bam” kiss the turn buckle. You’re part of my highlight reel. I think dogs like titere were like this. There’s no way you make it to 8 trading with people. The ward gottis of the world end up brain dead.

https://youtu.be/6mz84dXgqbA

This is beautiful to me. I think the military types remember going to basic with people. Watching them run. Watching them fight. Get tested. I guess that’s the thing about war. It will expose things. Hitler was about to push America into the Atlantic. It took a bible raised midwestern guy that didn’t rank high in West Point. To say. “There shouldn’t be a sad face in the room. We have a unique opportunity.” He could see through fear that hitler was over extended. He saw a chance for victory. Without him the generals would have been scared. Then the other officers then the other men. There are people like George mcAuliff that when he received a communication from the Germans to surrender responded, “NUTS” a polite way of saying fuck you.

I did my time and retired but during Desert Storm made a promise .

I had no sons so I would leave my name another way in this world and that would be by way of an old hobby since I was a kid.
    So after this journey ends as did the others I will leave behind stuff like this

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...6&dam_id=90830

and this

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=90827

I’m getting started. Making some progress. I Bred my hanna dog

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=82323

To this dog.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=65504

When I find the son I’m looking for and take him back to her the foundation of one wing of the family will be built

Taking this one to hanna should be nice if he grows like I think he will.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=89657