Thread: shaking front leg on puppy

R2L

shaking front leg on puppy

Anyone experience this with one of your pups?

One of my 9/10 week old females shaking her left front leg when he stands still or sits down. For the rest she seems fine and she's walking good.

Could it be from 2 much playing with an older pup or maybe a calcium deficiency because she was on diarrhea?

Maybe an injury during playing? I remember a pup of mine once, around 6 kilos, tried to get infront of an AmBulldog, 50+kilos, to cross a door while palying with each other. As a result he injured his front knee and it showed for some time. The greatest concern was the case of hurting the cartilage/ growth area since it could cause lack of development, bones grow from each end, not all over.

Quote Originally Posted by R2L View Post
    Anyone experience this with one of your pups?

One of my 9/10 week old females shaking her left front leg when he stands still or sits down. For the rest she seems fine and she's walking good.

Could it be from 2 much playing with an older pup or maybe a calcium deficiency because she was on diarrhea?
    Calcium deficiency.. Vitamin too

R2L
    It could be taso but she's walking fine. Let's hope not

Evo, thanks i think it's more likely. She was on boiled rice and chicken 2-3 times for 2 days, and i heard allot of minerals go the waste when a dog has diarrhea.

Normally i don't feed puppy kibble, but i bought some puppy lamb rice. Her stool is fine now, and it has a higher % of calcium in it. Also adding some vitamins. Figure i better not supplement calcium? From what i understand to much calcium can be more harmful then to less.

Any ideas how long it would take to recover/restore?

I had that happen to one of my pup too. As a young pup she needs more than boiled rice and chicken. Add some fish oil(O-3) and complete vitamin to her feed. Make sure she gets plenty of sunlight also. It took about a month for mine to recover.

Exactly. It's amazing how people always try to take shortcuts.

Boiled rice and chicken are simply not enough. Rice has almost no nutrition at all ... and chicken is mostly a protein/fat source ... so how in the world are these two items going to combine provide a full complement of vitamins/minerals?

If you're going to feed raw, do it right, or don't do it at all. I remember one genius fed his dogs ONLY chicken quarters for a month, and then blamed "me" when his dogs didn't do well, as if anywhere in any book (or DVD) I have ever recommended feeding only chicken quarters

You can't even substitute hamburger meat for chicken. If you use hamburger meat, your pups will get ricketts within 1-2 months. Why? Because there's no BONE in the meat (as with chicken) to facilitate skeletal growth.

Jack

R2L
    Eh jack.... i know how to feed my dogs. Btw, im not feeding raw atm.

She was on complete food, I cooked her some rice and chicken because she was on diarrhea, just to calm the stumic for 2 days. Added some vitamins to them as well. Then her stool would be fine and i switched back to the kibbles. Some how she went back on diarrhea two times so i switched to another kibble which she is doing good on now.

In the meanwhile, supposedly according the answers she developed a calcium (vitamin) deficiency. So trying to work on that now, puppy kibbles got plenty of calcium and she gets plenty of kibbles, adding some extra vitamins and fish oil.

Thanks