Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mayday dogs?

mayday dogs?

What traits are mayday dogs known for? I understand there's good and bad in every line. But over all what are they best known for?
    All opinions welcome!

Durability. Air. Gameness. We typically keep it crossed to Bolio (more specifically, Coca Cola blood), because the cross seems to have all the tools. You cross the Mayday/Coca Cola blood into Jeep/Rascal blood and you create Medical Examiners. Yes, Medical Examiners, think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheDogs View Post
    Durability. Air. Gameness. We typically keep it crossed to Bolio (more specifically, Coca Cola blood), because the cross seems to have all the tools. You cross the Mayday/Coca Cola blood into Jeep/Rascal blood and you create Medical Examiners. Yes, Medical Examiners, think about it.
    Awesome!!
    Lol, yes i get it!,Gotta love them "medical examiners".
    Them traits you listed are exactly what im looking for in a hound. I got a few breedings that i will be doing real soon,mayday /buck.
    Thanks for the insight!

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheDogs View Post
    My buddy runs that stuff down from ruff n tuff bull crossed with some tramp stuff and all i can say is they still remain on his yard.

I like the yellow blood, but I stay away from mayday dogs:/ just don't care for it !

[QUOTE=jimtom34;16965]I like the yellow blood, but I stay away from mayday dogs:/ just don't care for

The early 2,000's mayday hounds were second to none, I've seen some of this new stuff not impressed.....

All depends on where u get them. Good game durable thick bulldogs. Mix with buck.... Awesome

Just like any line of dogs, in any breed of dogs, popularity can be their demise. Late 90's early 2000's a "Mayday" dog commanded $$$$. The name Mayday made peddling easy. Mayday, just like any other line, can be given a bad name from peddling. The good ones I saw were very intense and brought some pressure, and a lot of old folks will tell you that it is the pressure that busts the pipe. EWO

[QUOTE=Nextlevel;16967]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtom34 View Post
    I like the yellow blood, but I stay away from mayday dogs:/ just don't care for

The early 2,000's mayday hounds were second to none, I've seen some of this new stuff not impressed.....

The trouble with any bloodline is, one person may make a breeding (based on "pedigree") that another person would never make (based on performance).

Repeated over time, even though both men have "X Bloodline," the first man will have a bunch of useless paper tigers ... while the second man will have true performance representatives of the line. When you have a bloodline that gets all over the place, like Mayday dogs, you are going to get this kind of a disparity in ability and results.

Then, on top of this, since most dogmen aren't all that bright, one group of dogmen will get together and see some dogs of "X Bloodline" rolled/matched ... bred by the first guy ... and the dogs will suck ... and they will actually believe that all dogs of "X Bloodline" are that shitty. Meanwhile, another group of dogmen will see dogs rolled/matched from the second guy's yard, of the same "X Bloodline," and these dogs will kick ass and look great. Those dogmen will then believe that all dogs of "X Bloodline" are great.

And then members of both groups will argue online that "X Dogs suck" ... and "X Dogs are great" ... and the funny thing is both groups are right ... based on their frames of reference and what they saw

Thus, in the end, there is no such thing as a true working bloodline, that's still competes, that either "always sucks" or is "always great" ...

In the end, we must look at each individual animal, and if we're going to buy pups/dogs of ANY bloodline, it will always fall back on the age-old saying, "Who bred them and WHY?"

Jack