Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great dog with no papers

Great dog with no papers

Just curious..... If you had a great dog that did great in competiton for you more than once, but had no papers... what would you do with the dog. :?: :?:

"Please do not pass any negitive judgment on myself, i just wanted people honest opinion for a topic to just have " just a General Bulldog Chat

Re: Great dog with no papers

He earned his feed for the rest of his life

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionkennels
    He earned his feed for the rest of his life
    No doubt he has earned a feed, but nt sure if u will use him in my program

Dogs are bred off another dog, there are Poncho dogs, Redboy dogs, Virgil dogs, Mayday dogs, etc. Most never look past the name, as you should not, they look at the performance.

Bottom line, who cares how the dog might have been bred, a performer is a performer and in 3 generations who will care how the main name was bred as long as it and it's offspring reproduce temselves.

I would breed the dog and see what it produces, but I have the time to do so and most want to chase paper.

Since you posed the question YinYang, and this may be a hypothetical dog, what would you do with it?

Gr ch 35.... I do not believe he was bred.. For not having papers/unknown ped...
    I wouldn't bred the dog, any dog with out knowing, its history/ped... Jmho

Quote Originally Posted by FACE203
    Gr ch 35.... I do not believe he was bred.. For not having papers/unknown ped...
    I wouldn't bred the dog, any dog with out knowing, its history/ped... Jmho

Gr Ch 35 was bred ... and he never produced anything worth a hoot ...

How a dog is bred matters ...

If I knew (and liked) how the dog was bred, but just didn't have papers, I would breed him no problem.

If I did not know how he was bred at all, I would treat the dog kindly and give him the comfortable retirement he deserves ... but I sure wouldn't breed him to my best bitches.

Jack

Thanks for clearing, that up...

Quote Originally Posted by HOGBIZ
    I would breed the dog and see what it produces, but I have the time to do so and most want to chase paper.

Since you posed the question YinYang, and this may be a hypothetical dog, what would you do with it?
    If itjust didnt have papers but i know the sire and dam and there bloodline line i might consider breeding him but if know knowledge a all than no i will not breed the dog