Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cottingham's redman

cottingham's redman

Wanted to know a little about this bulldog

Was a Great Dog CH ROM

What else do we know about him. Traits record?

Anyone know who ch red man went into? Also any more info on Cunningham’s dogs?

amen. style traits?

Do you think its inbreeding depression or just bad stock to begin with. What I have isn't related so if he's choosing solid stock the traits should be locked and I get a solid brood dog. I have a shy late starter. I think he will be a solid dog when he matures. He needs a female with some get up and go. I don't want a hot, dumb, plug redboy dog. I am happy with the mix so far, but i need an out. I was thinking either dog down from crews rocky. Plus i don't want to add a bunch of size I'm trying to get it down.

If your question on the breeding is with respect to the shy, late hound, I consider those traits faults. With that being said, I would say "bad stock". Breeding on hounds with these traits will produce offspring that carry it as recessive trait and others will show it as dominate in an F2 breeding. If you are looking for bulldogs bred bulldogs.

This is one of the reasons a lot of kats don't sell hounds to the public. A lot of us have taken grate care to manage our yards, and the though of watching someone put a band aid on a gun shot wound, would put me in my bag. For sure!

I think that I would fall back and find something closer to what your looking for. It will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. Not sure how old your male is but your talking about a min of 2 years waiting on a gyp to prove she is worth being breeding. Toss another 2 years on the offspring. Now your 4 years in and a min of $2500 for the gyp minus the bull shit to take a step backwards. Spend some time reading through some of information on the forum and you will gain a different perspective. I honestly think that the breeding discussions are generally very informative.

I have a F off Garners Rb 6 months old as out going as can be afraid of nothing happy so far.

Seen a cottingham bitch off Crews Rocky shy as shit. She was a bulldog through and through and also produced. I’ve heard the shyness is common in the cottingham stuff. I also have a pup off TGs Redboy showing good signs. Time will of course tell what she really is.