Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( THE SITE HAS BEEN SOLD )))

Idea ((( THE SITE HAS BEEN SOLD )))

The Pit Bull Bible Online APBT Database is for sale for $20,000.
    It is available to whomever has the money, and who wants to take on this lifetime project to keep it going.
    I have done all of the important groundwork to get it started, putting in uncountable hours, articles, etc.
    I simply do not have the time (or interest) to do so any longer.
    The prospective buyer should have the time + intelligence + credentials to run it properly
    If you feel you qualify, you basically have a turnkey operation at your fingertips.
    I have the documentation to prove it can make you more money per-year than the interest earned from a quarter-million in a CD.
    Email me for more details, thank you. Serious inquiries only.

Thank you everybody who has participated here, but my New Year's Resolution is to get out of dogs completely, for good.
    For this reason, I will not be posting here anymore (no more articles, nothing).
    The only exception will be to help with any kind of life-threatening emergency.
    Other than that, I will only monitor the content of the board for appropriateness.

If this website sells, I will set the buyer up on his own server, and provide 10 hours worth of assistance to help them figure it out.
    I will promise them full-functionality before I release the content, but after that, the buyer is on his own.
    The buyer will have to get his own computer coder for any upgrades.

If the site does not sell, it will go down at the end of the year.

Thanks again and Happy New Year,

Jack

PS: However, my brother will provide services/fixes, when glitches happen, for 10% of the income paid every month.
    But actual improvements (upgrades, new ideas) will have to from your own coder or whatever deal you work out with my brother.

Jack forgive me if we aren't supposed to reply here. But I have to say this I hate the fact your giving up the database. We all already know you and only you are the reason this database is what it is and No one will be able to fill your shoes. I do understand your resolution just hate to see it.

With that said is there any possible way you can store the key information on this database like the AI, Meds articles ? I have a feeling when someone buys this database a lot of that will slowly disappear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Kennels View Post
    Jack forgive me if we aren't supposed to reply here. But I have to say this I hate the fact your giving up the database. We all already know you and only you are the reason this database is what it is and No one will be able to fill your shoes. I do understand your resolution just hate to see it.

With that said is there any possible way you can store the key information on this database like the AI, Meds articles ? I have a feeling when someone buys this database a lot of that will slowly disappear ?
    Hello and thank you for your sentiments.

Rest assured, I will *never* get rid of anything that is stored here. Ever.

However, I do think a few are qualified to make this database all it can be.

I fully-expect someone will step up to the plate before the year's end ... but, if no one does, I won't be "deleting" anything, just shutting the site down, until someone wants to carry the torch.

And, if/when someone does buy it, they would be a fool to get rid of what's already here (unless they update/improve) ...

You ADD to databases, you never remove (unless it's by replacing with better) ...

Thanks again, and cheers,

Jack

Simply don't get it, start an awesome database and simply decide F it done with it no use for it... Some things despite how much people try to avoid, abandon, simply run away from it'll never leave them... Sorry for putting it in these words Jack but you are A FUCKIN DOGMAN POINT BLANK PERIOD.. Idc how many cases you investigate how many pictures you take of nature or whatever else you think gonna fill the void it's not gonna happen.. Dogs are apart of you PONCHO, MISS TRINX, THE GORILLA it's simply too many memories to end it. You are gonna be missed dearly but whatever you're planning to do not gonna be the same as what you spent years of doing...

It is available to whomever has the money, and who wants to take on this lifetime project to keep it going.
    I sure hope you look at the integrity of the buyer. Kind a sad if it would go down after people put in tons of work to build the database.

Quote Originally Posted by Nut View Post
    I sure hope you look at the integrity of the buyer. Kind a sad if it would go down after people put in tons of work to build the database.
    Whatever "work" you think you've done here, it is infinitesimal flyshit compared to the work I've put in here.

Every line, every curve, every tiny button, every shape, every feature, section, every video, etc., etc. that you take for granted was the work I put in ... so that you could type a one-line sentence and call it "work"

Quote Originally Posted by MISTER View Post
    Simply don't get it, start an awesome database and simply decide F it done with it no use for it... Some things despite how much people try to avoid, abandon, simply run away from it'll never leave them... Sorry for putting it in these words Jack but you are A FUCKIN DOGMAN POINT BLANK PERIOD.. Idc how many cases you investigate how many pictures you take of nature or whatever else you think gonna fill the void it's not gonna happen.. Dogs are apart of you PONCHO, MISS TRINX, THE GORILLA it's simply too many memories to end it. You are gonna be missed dearly but whatever you're planning to do not gonna be the same as what you spent years of doing...
    I understand what you're saying, but you also need to understand I am only one man, and can only do so much during a 24-hour period of time.

I am building an investigative business of my own, while I work for someone else's business. This takes time + effort above and beyond my normal work days.

I have also built a nature photographer's database, even more involved and more complicated than this one ... which has every bird, every plant, every animal in the entire biological tree of life hooked into it.

Therefore, "something" has to be removed from my plate in order for me to be able do each one properly.

If I were a 100% dogman, like I was 10 years ago, with NOTHING BUT these dogs in my life ... then I would be spending every moment of my life on here ... and it would still be a huge task

But right now, building my own business is a huge task.
    I could literally spend 100% of my time on my own business, and by itself it is a huge job (studying for designations, passing licensing examinations, etc., marketing to companies), over and above my day job working for someone else's business.

And then there is my photographer's database.
    I am right now creating a colossal article for my photography database, that I have been working on for the last 10 days (and that I worked on basically all day yesterday, except for the time I took to put this place up for sale.)

I am not getting rid of my job, it brings me too much money, so it comes down to this: do I get rid of the photographer's database or the bulldog database?
    I therefore have to take a good, hard look at THE LIFESTYLE and MY CLIENTELE.

Nature photography is POSITIVE, BEAUTIFUL, LIFE-AFFIRMING.
    The people involved in it tend to be POSITIVE, EDUCATED, KIND, etc.

These dogs are anything but "life-affirming," and I won't bother getting into the type of folks the dogs tend to attract.
    Honestly, to me there isn't much "positive" about the sport of dogs anymore ... and 90% of the people in it, I wouldn't invite to dinner.

Even when I become a fan of a great dog, like Gr Ch Titere, there is always some kind of low-class, down-and-dirty bullshit associated with a great animal.

You are right, I am a DOG man.
    I do love and appreciate these dogs.
    And I have dedicated more time, hours, and work and more effort to create cool resources for the benefit of dogs and dogmen than most people could possibly fathom. (Most dogmen can't create a line of text without making a mistake.)

But I am going to direct my energies toward something MORE POSITIVE ...

As plainly and simply as I can put it, I have better things to do with my time.

This resource here is an awesome tool. I still can't believe that my brother and I put it together.

But the Nature Photography Database we put together is even more awesome, more complicated, more feature-rich. We actually harvested the entire biological kingdoms of life from the US Government sciences, compiled by peer-reviewed scientists from around the world, and we have hooked this massive repository of every living thing on earth into our database. If a man in Bangkok, Thailand photographs a snake there, it will be in our database. If someone in Australia finds a scorpion, it will be in our database. Etc., etc.

I simply do not have the time to put into 3 different projects (my own business, this website, and my photography database) and do them all justice. So one of them has to go.

The lion's share of my time I have dedicate to my business, and I have time for ONE extreme hobby to delve into deeply, not two.

So, despite how much I have put into this website (my books, etc.), this is the one that has to go.

IMO, someone who is 100% dedicated to these dogs needs to run this thing, and I am only 2% dedicated to dogs these days, if that.

Me 10 years ago could run this thing ... when I lived and breathed nothing but these dogs.

Me now cannot do it justice.

It's pretty much that simple amigo.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    Whatever "work" you think you've done here, it is infinitesimal flyshit compared to the work I've put in here.

Every line, every curve, every tiny button, every shape, every feature, section, every video, etc., etc. that you take for granted was the work I put in ... so that you could type a one-line sentence and call it "work"
    Don't know were you read that I've put in work. I really don't care who put in more work. Certain "People" have been putting in 1000+ pedigrees to help build your database, and you're calling it quits. That's quite a shame I'd say. "Thank you for participating"

Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Nut View Post
    Don't know were you read that I've put in work. I really don't care who put in more work. Certain "People" have been putting in 1000+ pedigrees to help build your database, and you're calling it quits. That's quite a shame I'd say. "Thank you for participating"
    Here are some FACTS that you need to come to terms with so you can see straight:

1. Exactly 4 people, other than myself, have put in over 1000 pedigrees.
    2. Besides putting in over 1000 pedigrees, and besides my contributing more than 6250 posts, not to mention writing every single article, blog entry, and creating every video on here ... I have also BUILT THIS PLACE ... envisioned the concept, the statistical storage, the full-functionality ... ... and paid the $150/mo server fee ... not to mention paying my brother $20,000 for his help ... so please don't cry to me about "the work of others," okay?

Honestly, the most important fact you need to understand is this:
    If you, or anyone else, feels truly passionate about protecting the "work" here, then man-up and do something about it

I am offering this place for what I paid my brother.
    My work, everything that I have done, you get for free.
    Invest $20,000 and make a residual income as if you just invested $250,000 into a CD.
    That is a pretty good deal by any standard.

So don't sit here and cry boo-hoo to me.
    Only women and children "cry and complain" ...
    Men take action and do something, if they want something

Therefore:
    If you want to protect the work that's gone in here, then pony-up the money and keep it under your protection.
    If you want to make sure this place is "run with integrity" ... then RUN IT with integrity

But don't sit there on your hands "wishing someone else" would do the work, make the effort, and put in the time ... it's an embarrassment to your manhood.

Fair enough?

I have contributed my share, and I will keep ALL of the work people have put in here, safe, including my own.

But I am not obligated to provide service to you, or anyone else, for the rest of my life.

My situation has changed, and I have interests and concerns that are MORE important to me, and that require my full attention.

Therefore I am offering this place to anyone who is INTERESTED ENOUGH ... and LEADER ENOUGH to keep the vision going.

If that is you, then step up.

But if it is not, then step back.

Again, fair enough?

Jack

REMEMBER:
    "If your hose is too short, and your pump is too weak;
    Stand a little closer, dude, or you'll piss on your feet."