Thread: Why DG?

Why DG?

I still can't understand people that let their dog go dead game. You can't do anything with a DG dog. Recently a few of Team Cro's dogs went DG. Just why? For example, Dylan vs Centenario. A good maybe even great dog in Dylan, obvious that he can't do anything past 0:45, why not pick him up? Drives me mad. And recently Jancro as well.

Can be a multitude of why's, due to a prideful or thuggish nature of sorts. Some dog persons are about winning at all cost with little regard for the dog. Since they cannot win, hopefully by leaving their dog down. Could cause physical harm to the other winning dog if show has went awhile. Another reason could be that the losing person has put up a entry fee they cannot afford to lose.

The biggest down fall and I feel is the demise of the sport. Was the big multi dog shows and large money purses. Not to mention these events were posted in various dog magazines for any to read. This brought a lot of attention from Johnny Law even the FBI. Fast money ruled and the dogs were of second importance.

Skip11, when you see something like this occurring. Best to just walk away as there will always be The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in the dog show sport. You just have to decide what sort you wish to be remembered as. Cheers
    Last edited by CYJ; 08-17-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Yes, I agree. I feel like (even the "professional" ones) don't really give a damn about the dog, they don't love the dog.

This topic strikes a nerve.
    When it's clear your soldier has given you all he has to give and you leave him there. You are a heartless, soulless, son of a bitch.

We all understand there are distasteful things that must be done to produce the type of animals we seek. This should not be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    This topic strikes a nerve.
    When it's clear your soldier has given you all he has to give and you leave him there. You are a heartless, soulless, son of a bitch.

We all understand there are distasteful things that must be done to produce the type of animals we seek. This should not be one of them.
    agreed...it's an ugly game doesn't help having ugly ppl involved in the sport

We are only responsible for our own charge. What another corner does is their business, hopefully they have their teams best interest in mind. it's probably best not to air people out in public unless you are there, understood the circumstances etc.

So yall think Andre G, STP, Tudor, Floyd, Danny, Ken, and countless others are pieces of shit, thugs or whatever other derogatory term there is? If so that's not how yall talk and treat them if yall were around them i'm 98% sure of that. It's a game and it happens, folks always think their charge has something left in them, nobody is out trying to intentionally kill one. If so they could do that at home with nobody around. It's a competition and sometimes that gets the better of the competitors..

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRed View Post
    So yall think Andre G, STP, Tudor, Floyd, Danny, Ken, and countless others are pieces of shit, thugs or whatever other derogatory term there is? If so that's not how yall talk and treat them if yall were around them i'm 98% sure of that. It's a game and it happens, folks always think their charge has something left in them, nobody is out trying to intentionally kill one. If so they could do that at home with nobody around. It's a competition and sometimes that gets the better of the competitors..
    i have to agreed and there's been many back from the brink comebacks