Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog shows

dog shows

does anyone here compete in conformation shows

i never go to dog shows, some headcase will always start talking to me

Ive been travelling the east coast for the past seven years showing my dogs at ADBA shows . Ive met some great people and dogs, Id recommend anyone check out a show . Ive hung out with Mr.Bill, Hunterman , Fat Bill, Gambler,Hammonds,Pete Colby , Killer Klown , petted Tietre,Havana Chico and Danny, Gravyman, The Irish Boys,etc etc...at shows along the cicuit. So you get a good mix of people at the shows .

It's been years since I've gone but I've always enjoyed myself and the folks attending. I'm out west, would love to travel South & East sometime.

Tri State run by Havana Chico and the Mid State Florida Club put on some great shows !I have to admit the southern hospitality rumour we hear up north is true , great people . Down there I was playing poker with some great people but one will always stand out , Chip Porter . God Rest his soul , believe he owned Badger and a few others ! One of a kind character , will never forget him or his magic trick !!!

I have. I plan on competing again. I should do better this time. My dog is in a lot better shape.

I try to make it to the TX shows when time allows.

I have went to the TG pig picking two of the last three years. It is a good mix of bulldog people. The shows are not as structured as some events I have been to in the past but it was a good time.

In today's climate the dogs need all the support they can get, and it gets to the point of 'by any means necessary'. Dog shows included.

For me, it is a part of the bulldog conspiracy against me. It seems every show within driving distance of me is scheduled on the weekends I work. Like every single one.

Vacation time is at a premium anyway and I can't justify it for a dog show so I resort to supporting from afar. LOL

EWO

I agree. I like to work my dogs and I like them in shape. In one of the sdj it says when these dogs have no legitimate reason to be alive they will be done away with. I think I have a better idea about how to feed and sculpt a dog. Last time I had to work so I lost control over the work and feed. Came in looking fat. Three or four pounds someone with more experience told me. This time I have two pups in shape that should be confident in the ring and my male is in better condition. I like keeping a dog in shape. This gives me a legitimate reason to do so that is legal. Im still working on a place to hog hunt. I think my dogs have formed a pack. We still have some skirmishes, but I think 2.5 out of the 4 would hit a hog full speed and grab hold and work together. The half may go or may not as he is young. one I don't have much confidence in.