Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat question

Heat question

One of my partner has a bitch that doesnt seem to want to come in heat. The last time she came in heat was around a year and half ago. She was bred but didn't take. Her previous heat before that she had three pups. I believe he tried cutting her weight down, and walked her but she still not coming in. I know with males I give them wheat germ oil and tribulus to help them when I plan on breeding them but what about females, what can he give her to stimulate her heat/reproductive cycles?
    Almost forgot..shes been bred only a few times and had small litter each time. She's around 6-7 years old and she is a title dog.

Put up a forfeit, this works like a charm Joke aside. Change her environment, move her to a different chainspot. Put her through a pre keep. This is stuff that can help you. Good luck with her.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Put up a forfeit, this works like a charm Joke aside. Change her environment, move her to a different chainspot. Put her through a pre keep. This is stuff that can help you. Good luck with her.
    He tried those already. We even had her over at my spot for a few weeks on a pre-keep before her scheduled heat. I stressed the beep out of her and even kept her next(kennel)to one of my bitch who was already in heat. It didn't work. I'm starting to think she might be done with her cycles. I also heard that if a dog was shot up with steriods, then it reduces their chance of reproducing. I don't know if theres any truth to that. But on her second hunt, she was shot up.

Wheat germ oil (or rice bran oil) and tribulus works on bitches too

OK. maybe she had a "silent" heat. I don't know the correct english term for it.

That is the correct term Skip

OK. maybe she had a "silent" heat. I don't know the correct english term for it.
    With a silent heat, wont they swell up too? Would they bleed also?

Wheat germ oil (or rice bran oil) and tribulus works on bitches too
    Thanks I will let him know about those supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by OGDOGG View Post

No they won't bleed. And it's really easy to miss. This is pretty common in younger bitches. But it happens in older ones to. Not saying this is it. But it could be an explanation. I hope you get her to come in heat soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OGDOGG View Post
    No. That is why it is called "silent" ... there are no (or very little) outward indications of a heat cycle at all.

Such bitches should be kept inside and closely monitored, or at least in an above-ground pen, so whatever little blood does come can be seen more readily.

Jack

I have a bitch that is the same way, and I've used Geritol from Walgreen or CVS. Put some in her food every day and she should come in heat within 2 weeks.